Thursday, October 30, 2008

Yarn Bouquet & Back Join

IMG_5533

If I'm going to be talking technique, you at least deserve a pretty photo: a yarn bouquet of my alpaca for the Composed Mitts.

I am concerned (or shall I say petrified) about the number of ends I will have to weave in at the end of this project. On each mitt. That's TWO mitts, with about a bajillion ends.

Therefore, I've already been looking for ways to avoid this problem, even before casting on.

I have found what appears to be the perfect solution: the back join!

I promise you, it is well worth your time to check out the posts at TechKnitting. The Series Index is an excellent overview of the techniques on this blog, and my mind has already been blown by thinking about charting charts, and i-cord hat topper cast-ons.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home