Saturday, October 25, 2008

It must be fall...

IMG_5499

Must. Knit. This. Immediately.

I think everyone in blog land is suffering from Startitis right now, I know I sure am.

In response to spending my entire life (ok, the summer) on the big blue Mum-shawl, I needed a little something to knit.

I received some gorgeous Filatura di Crosa Zara in my perfect red from an SP swap many moons ago, and have wanted to make myself a hat/scarf set from it. Finally, I cast on for the hat, using the top-down no-swatching method from the Live Dangerously, Don't Swatch Hat by Susan Lawrence.

IMG_5514

I've used this method before, notably for the Sweet Pea baby hat. I love it, and probably won't knit a hat any other way unless there's a really gorgeous pattern that I can't stop myself for. I mean really, no swatching!! I'm using the Addi Turbo Lace needles that I'd picked up for the shawl, and they make a big difference with the M1L and M1R increases. So easy!!!

And in a blatant stash expansion moment, I picked up some divine yarn from the Farmer's Market today. I've been chatting with Silvia from The Stoddart Family Farm for a few weeks now, and she managed to dye me up my own colourway. It was supposed to be pinks and purples, and by a happy accident, managed to include lovely gorgeous blues!

IMG_5508

It's fingering weight, and so soft. As it is hand-painted, and variegated, I don't want it to be knit in a lacey pattern.

I think it is destined for an AmyKnitty Stockinette Crazy Lightweight Tube Scarf. You know, like this: ravelry link. Although, I think that will be worth swatching for to see how this yarn knits up in stockinette.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Yay for quick easy projects you get to keep! Such pretty yarn!

11:21 PM  
Blogger Linz said...

Yay for me indeed!

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home