Thursday, October 09, 2008

Project Post-Partum

IMG_5461

The stole, she is done!

Just in time for my Mum's birthday (we're celebrating on Sunday), I have just gotten the stole off the needles. A lovely block tomorrow morning before I head off for work (to dry while I'm at work) and it will be ready to present to my Mum on Sunday night.

Oh yes, I am happy.

Unblocked lace photos -- not much to look at, but here you go:

IMG_5462

I have to say, that I already have experienced the melancholy that comes with being done with a project: when I was on the last repeat of row 3 (I loved that row), I was sorry to be knitting it for the last time.

I honestly thought I'd be knitting this shawl for the rest of my life, and now that it's done I'm feeling a wee bit down. And without a project... Hmmmm.

Don't worry - I'll feel fantastic tomorrow when it's done blocking!!!!!!!!!!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Linz, it's already gorgeous -- can't wait to see it blocked! Way to go, getting it done on time! Look forward to seeing what you cast on now... Definitely time to make yourself something!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Team Knit said...

ooh, that shawl is so grgeous! That smokey blue colour looks so soft and inviting. Congrats!

I never experience project post partum, mainly because I always have more than one on the go... sometimes too many, really. :P

- Julie

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home