Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Progress Pacer

Well, according to my nifty (knifty?) excel spreadsheet - I'm at 2.6% complete on the gorgeous Path of Flowers Stole. Le sigh. I figure I'm looking at about 33 pattern repeats (of 16 rows each, and about 8 minutes per row) to get the 65.5" required, so I might be blogging this exclusively for a while as I'd like to have it done by October 14th (my Mum's birthday). That means a minimum of 7.45 rows per day, with no days off, leaving one day for washing, weaving in the ends, and blocking. Yeah, wish me luck.

In random knitterly news, I bumped into the Yarn Harlot on the street today when I was post-yam-burrito and she was pre-yam-burrito. Yum. I don't think I was too much of a dork. Although, I did accost her when she was in a non-yarny situation.

The ladies at Lettuce Knit were incredible this evening - both the staff and the knitters! They helped me pick out some Addi
Turbos, the new-to-me lace ones, and MAN are they incredible. The stole is going faster already, and these P2 through the back loops are SO much easier! Huzzah! Definitely money well spent. I was worried they would be too slippy for the silk/mohair blend - but the coating is different from the regular Addi Turbos, so they're incredible! Yes, it's love.

Okiedokie, off to bed to dream of lace.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Team Knit said...

I haven't tried using the Addi lace turbos yet- that much of a differnece, huh? Hmmm. I'm about to knit a shawl, and maybe i need to make an investment!

- Julie

11:11 AM  
Blogger Linz said...

Yes, definitely that much of a difference! Even the SSKs are so much easier!!! I didn't even realize they were tough!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Glad to hear it is going well once more, happy knitting

2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home