Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Knitting half makes it whole?

My mum has been working on the Debbie Bliss Classic Baby Cardigan from Vogue Knitting Spring/Summer 2007.
IMG_5399

She has lovely tension, and knit all the flat stockinette bits.
IMG_5401

After much debacle, she asked me for help with the finishing.

So, I have done the knitting from the yoke up (unfortunately at a slightly looser gauge), and now the little cardie is blocking.

This was so sweet to knit, even with the collar problems (go check the errata at the Vogue website if you're knitting this -- you need to pick up the collar stitches from the WS!). My only complaint with the yarn, Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, is that it's a little splitty. It seems to untwist while I knit with it, and then I occasionally catch between the plies instead of the whole loop.

But the almost-finished product is very much greater than the sum of its parts, and I'm definitely going to be knitting more baby sweaters!

I'm currently waiting for the cardigan to dry, and then there will be seaming and button-fun:
IMG_5400

More details on the cardigan's Ravelry page.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

I love the style of this cardigan, beautiful

12:30 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Look out, baby sweaters are addictive! This also was even prettier in person!

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home