Thursday, October 30, 2008

First Fair-Isle

IMG_5521

I had a blast this afternoon picking out Alpaca at Lettuce Knit, my favourite LYS.

I may know absolutely nothing about Fair-Isle, but I know I love picking out 6 skeins of Blue Sky Alpacas, my favourite yarn on the planet.

The project will be the Composed Mitts from the Fall 2007 Interweave Knits for a dear friend for Christmas. I think this is the perfect excuse to learn a new knitting technique.

I managed to purchase the pattern online from Interweave -- quick and easy!

As usual, Ravelry Notes here will likely have more frequent updates than the blog.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i did those this summer--its a great pattern, and an ewasy good place to start fair isle. enjoy!!!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Team Knit said...

ooh, those skeins look SO lovely! The composed mitts should be a perfect first fair isle project!

- Julie

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home