Monday, April 27, 2009

A Little Bit of Feathers...

In Toronto this weekend was the Downtown Knit Collective's Knitters' Frolic.

I picked up a few treats for myself, including 2 skeins of Malabrigo Lace in the colour Sealing Wax (102). It's a lovely rusty red, that I can't quite photograph accurately, but this is fairly close.

DSCF9903

The wonderful Purple Purl ladies had sale prices for many of my favourites, so I managed to also snag two skeins of Fino by Alpaca with A Twist. It's a 2-ply laceweight alpaca/silk blend, and so scrumptious. With 875 yards in the skein, I'm excited to knit up some gorgeous shawls.

And so, I have a little bit of a Featherweight Cardigan. And I love it already!

I managed to wind most of the laceweight during a car trip that was supposed to be an hour long, and turned into a three-and-a-half-hour drive... but man did it look gorgeous in the skein:
photo.jpg

My favourite part of the event? When another knitter came up to me (wearing my Whisper) and said: "Can I show you to my friend?"

She grabbed me by the arms, and took me over to her friend who was contemplating a Whisper. I then got to show off the malabrigo lace goodness, and shared the shrugigan love.

I was of course also petted by all of the ladies throughout the course of the day. It definitely pays to wear a snuggly knitted item to a yarn festival!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Team Knit said...

ooh, great colour!!! can't wait to see what you knit up.

- Julie

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home