Thursday, April 02, 2009

Shrugigan

I've been working on the Whisper Cardigan from the Spring 09 Interweave Knits... and I adore it like no other project.

DSCF9778

But you know what?

It's not really a cardigan.

It's kind of half-cardigan, and half-shrug. It's a shrugigan.

I've already knit the shrug bit... starting at one sleeve in the round, across the back (flat), and then the other sleeve. I've picked up an infinite number of stitches (ask me how long that took!) and now I'm knitting ribbing around the whole thing. Once I've got 3 inches of ribbing, I'll knit the rest of the back (the bottom half), and the front panels.

DSCF9776

It really is a fascinating construction, and I am learning a ton from this process.

However . . .

It's not a cardigan.

DSCF9774

(Pssst... Cobbalicious, this update's for you!)

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Team Knit said...

haha, I noticed the same thing as well, but I still want one! yours is coming along beautifully.

- Julie

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home