Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ingenius!!!

I've discovered an ingenious way to deal with variegated yarns, like the Manos Silk Blend that I managed to snag at The Purple Purl after a Knitty Yarn Roundtable Night last month.

photo.jpg

The ingenious pattern? Topographie from Knitty! Essentially, you pick in the yarn which colours will be main colour(s) and which will be contrasting. You then knit in stockinette in the round, but whenever you get to a contrasting colour, you purl! Fantastic!

DSCF9513

I'm one-evening's-worth-of-knitting into a hat, and loving this process. I should have enough to knit a hat and a neckwarmer, but because I'm using 4.0mm needles instead of the recommended 4.5mm, I may need a little more yarn -- and I'd rather have a hat than a neckwarmer with all the scarves I have around here!

DSCF9512

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home