Monday, April 20, 2009

FO: Whisper Cardigan

Photo 213

What a wonderful knit!

I have enjoyed every stitch of this cardigan, and may be knitting laceweight sweaters exclusively for the next little while!

Project Details:
Yarn:
Malabrigo Yarn Lace (100% baby merino) in Bobby Blue (27), 1.5 skeins (approx. 715 yds)
Pattern: Whisper Cardigan from Interweave Knits Spring 2009 by Hannah Fettig
Needles: Addi Lace Turbos in 2.5mm, 3.5mm, and 4.5mm using magic loop

Stuff to know:
1) Hannah posted a really helpful schematic and sizing explanation at her blog.

2) The magic loop start was a real pain with this yarn/needle combination; it kept snapping on me as I forced it over the join. I had to restart about 5 times, argh. But after about 2 inches of knitting it was no longer a problem.

3) I knit this as part of the Yarn Snobs KAL for March and April. What fun, and great support from so many new friends!


Photo 215

I was desperate to wear this cardigan out, and so wore it around town all day - including to my dance class. It is so perfect in every way.

Now of course, I've been spoiled, and need many more laceweight malabrigo sweaters so I don't drive my friends crazy by wearing this one every day!

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Team Knit said...

It's SO pretty!! Looks great on you (and wow, am I ever jealous of your fabulous apartment/house in the background!). I'm definitely going to knit this, and was thinking about what yarn to use, but you may have sold me on the malabrigo.

- Julie

12:08 PM  
Blogger Linz said...

Thanks, Julie!!!
You don't have to be too jealous, my loft is only 650 sq ft, so it's cute but little!!!

And yes on the malabrigo. You definitely need some!

12:22 PM  
Blogger sweetgeorgia said...

Beautiful colour... and YES, beautiful loft... I thought it was a café :)

11:41 AM  
Blogger Linz said...

Aw, thanks, Felicia! I do adore my loft!

I'm also so happy with the whisper - it turned out perfectly for me! I'm onto a featherweight now!

12:03 PM  
Anonymous kv said...

very nice, ad i'm glad i've got some malabrigo lace sitting around waiting to become something...looks great in that yarn

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home