Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Sewing

Well, I am still struggling to finish Solveig's mitts... but, I have some sewing FOs to show you:

Both of them are Christmas prezzies -- one, an apron for my Mum:

photo.jpg

I finally figured out sewing rounded corners... the pattern recommended that I sew REALLY long basting stitches around the corners first, and then pull the threads to create the curve. Magical. My new favourite technique!

This is my Mum's second handmade apron. The first one I made for her last year, and she adores it enough to have requested a second one for when it's in the wash. How could I refuse?

The second present? A pair of PJ pants for my sister. I used the pattern from Amy Butler's In Stitches. It's a fantastic pattern for a beginning sewer like me (tells you all about selvedges, grainlines, etc... all the things you don't know to check when you don't know what you're doing!), and SO cute with the wide-legged pants.

IMG_0650

I offered to hem the legs a little shorter, but she likes them like this. What can I do?

All in all, two successes -- and WAY faster than knitting!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home