Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Prezzie #3 in progress...

This is my "tricky knitting" for Christmas this year. I got hooked on stranded colourwork doing Pemm's wristwarmers, that I needed another project!

Well, diving right into the deep end, I pulled some Knitpicks Palette from my stash, and seeing as it costs about $2/ball, I figured I'd be ok even if I messed this up completely.

I'd bought these colours for my boyfriend's Mum, Solveig, as they are the Swedish national colours, originally destined for a pair of stripey socks. But I think these results are going to be much more exciting:

photo.jpg

Mittens!!!! Solveig's Swirly Mittens!!!

Don't you love them? I'm using the chart from this blog, which I think is in Finnish. It's much more of a chart than a pattern, and it's my first real pair of mittens, so I'm learning mitten construction as I go. Definitely fun knitting!

My Mum loves the pattern on the back:
photo.jpg

And you have to see what I'm doing with the thumb:
photo.jpg

Yes, these are my official precursor to the Selbuvotter mittens I am dying to make. But those will be for me!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Wow, those are *GORGEOUS*!! Fabulous job, Linz.

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home