Monday, November 03, 2008

One mitt done!


IMG_0090
Originally uploaded by linzknits
Ok, I am in love with colourwork. This project has been so much fun, and SUCH a learning experience.

I think I am going to do a lot more stepping out of my comfort zone to learn new techniques.

I am now knitting two colours with one in each hand! I'm 'picking' the one in the left hand, and 'throwing' the one in the right hand.

There are fabulous technique explanations out there, and the ones that really made the process click for me are this post at Knitting in Color and this TechKnitting tutorial.

I can't wait to work on the next mitten -- hopefully with new and improved even tension!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Team Knit said...

oh wow, your composed mitt is all kinds of awesome!!! I really love it. I've been thinking about making these, but wonder if that much colourwork would kill me... yours is definitely spurring me on to make them, though!

- Julie

12:05 PM  
Blogger Linz said...

Thanks, Julie!! I love them so much that I am now obsessed with colourwork. You really need to knit a pair, so fun!!!

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home