Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I am a sheep

Baaaah . . .

Ok, some kind of fabulous knitting kharma is rocking my world right now. There's an mini-children's-opera (a children's intermezzo if you are so inclined) being written as we speak for me and four other girls in my program. And guess what? I get to be a sheep!

Truly! An Aasop's fables sheep, in fact.

And I'm on costume crew. So I need ideas, STAT!

Any suggestions, crafty folks? We need 5 sheepy costumes in about 3 weeks. The current plan, which I am ignoring, is sweatsuits. But I know we can do better than that! I'm picturing lots of poly-fibre-fill (is that what it's called?) stuffing. What say you?

5 Comments:

Blogger CareBear said...

I was in a play dressed as a sheep when I was a child. Our costumes consisted of a T-shirts but the whole idea was so cute anyway I had to share it!

We had LONG white t-shirts (white shorts on underneath, JUST in case) and nylon knee-high black stockings on our hands and feet. (The sleeves and bottom of the t-shirt overlapped the tops of the stockings.) We had elastic headbands (dyed the color of our hair) and sheep ears glued to them. The ears we’re VERY wooly with black felt on the inside. We were cool sheep so we wore sunglasses 

OH and on the shirts, we had big hearts painted that said ewes and the boys had rams!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Linz said...

Very cute... the nylons might be a good plan!

3:18 PM  
Blogger The Sinister Knitter said...

You have come to the right girl. Remember Sheep and Sheep Shagger? I can help you so much and we can make it so it's not so sexy (unless you want it that way) I have photo's I can scan and send to you. I can help, really I can.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

No big help to offer, but your post reminded me of a story. When my daughter was in kindergarten, she was supposed to be a sheep in the Christmas play. As the day drew nearer, I asked her whether I needed to make her a costume, running over ideas in my mind (which mainly involved an old white polyester sweater of mine). "No, Mom," she said. "We have sheep...things." As I recall, there was a fair amount of raw wool glued to hairbands and such.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Linz said...

Debbie, That is way too cute.
Thanks for sharing the story, it made me smile on a tough day!

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home