Friday, February 10, 2006

nOlympics

I'm not participating in the Knitting Olympics. . . and you know what, I'm ok with that. I have nothing against them, I just don't have the time right now. If it were in the summer, no problem! Even April I could handle.

I have way too much on my plate right now: grad school, touring with the opera production I'm in, my family coming to visit, my boy coming to visit. . . it's just not going to happen.

I thought I'd feel left out. But for whatever reason, I don't. Maybe it's that over 3000 knitters is not exactly a tight-knit community. Maybe it's that I'm already in SockapalOOOza and that will keep me busy enough. Or maybe it's just that I'm content to knit at my own pace. I already challenge myself with my knitting with new techniques all the time. And we all know that I don't need any more deadlines in my life. Yup. That's it. Knitting for me keeps me from stressing out. . . do I really need to make it stressful?

4 Comments:

Blogger The Sinister Knitter said...

You might be smarter than me. We will see in 16 days.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Linz said...

No... you're going to have tons of fun. I just don't have time right now.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Cindy in (un) Happy Valley said...

Not to worry. You are not alone. I barely considered such madness myself for all the same reasons, plus some, as you. Enjoy your singing.

I knit for me...meditation, recreation, enjoyment. I've spent plenty a run-up to Christmas beading my fingers to the bone with heirloom ornaments. I'm always burned out afterward, and don't bead for months. I've never been a shrinking violet when it comes to my passions, so I don't need an "olympic" challenge to "try something new". I just plunge ahead when the muse strikes. As it should be

10:27 AM  
Blogger Bhean said...

I don't know what possessed me to join up, like I really have time on my hands. But I don't want to be a quiter, and still need those mittens....

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home