Tuesday, January 24, 2006

What a lovely wrist

We're performing an opera snippet at the end of the week. It's an excerpt from Louise, and we sing "what a lovely voice" about ten thousand times. It only fits that I'm changing it to "what a lovely wrist" now that I've knit this much!

So, check out my wrist:
Image hosting by Photobucket

I love deceptive photos -- it looks like I'm actually done here.

But no. . . this is what I've got so far:
Image hosting by Photobucket

I still love it.
And I haven't taken it off since I put it on to photograph it. I think that's a good sign.

6 Comments:

Blogger Karlie said...

It looks a little like Mrs. Beeton! Did you use that pattern as a base? I loved Mrs. Beeton myself, and have the first of the set done.

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Purdy! It's looking good.

I've discovered that I have to re-knit my Shimmer. The other day, someone else tried on the one that I made, and I saw how good it looks when it fits properly.

*cry*

Ginny!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Linz said...

Thanks Karlie, it's coming along well. I loved your Mrs. Beeton, but this is just the plain ol' Shimmer pattern!

Ginny - I like it too... was yours too big or too little? Are you going to rip or do it with new yarn?

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was too big. I've tried felting a swatch, but it wouldn't. I think the silk is keeping it from doing so.

I think I will rip out what I have - the yarn is too lovely to waste. (It's the kidsilk that you used for your clapotis.)

(Do you have to get a blog to have an identity? I want a picture!)

andi'mnotsigningthis'causeyouknowwhoitis

6:46 AM  
Blogger Linz said...

hmmm... at least you have an adventure ahead of you, Ginny.

And I think you need a blog for a picture. But you can always set up a blogger account and just not blog.
Then you'll have the profile/picture/whole shebang, without having to blog here.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Karlie said...

That also reminds me - we had a song in U of A Mixed Chorus that was - I kid you not - 14 pages of the word "Alleluia". Another reminder of why I dislike Randall Thompson's choral music.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home