Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Inside-out?

Hmmm... a new lace blanket square is the perfect excuse to learn a new technique... so what have I pickeed? Knitting a square from the centre-out, of course!

It's going quite well... I'm using a combination of ideas from Elizabeth Zimmerman and the Interweave book Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls by Martha Waterman (great book -- you need one!).

I've got it about half-way done in size... but of course, the last half will take longer because there are so many more stitches.

Wanna see what I've got so far? The yarn is the ever-delicious Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport (leftovers from Joanne's Farewell Socks) in Tahoe. I'm knitting it up on 3.75mm circulars.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Just wait 'till it's done and blocked!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home