Monday, January 02, 2006

Selfish Knitting

Now that my holiday knitting is DONE, I have the chance to knit something for myself. Of course, this has me completely perplexed.

I have a list as long as my arm of projects I want to do (see sidebar) . . . I have a gorgeous stash of yarn, much of which is suitable for these projects or other ones I have in mind.

I need a hat. I also would like if my hat/scarf/mitts didn't clash. The current burgundy/turquoise/orange/black look just isn't working... the alternate option is purple/hot pink/lime green/black... I don't know what's worse.

So, here is the question. Do I knit something I want or something I need?

(If I were to look at this logically, I would knit the hat... it won't take long. But am I looking at this logically? No.)

Therefore, when I get back to my stash, I will pet everything and see what wants to be knit up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Elizabeth Zimmerman suggests that a hat is an excellent gauge swatch for knitting in the round (if you have enough yarn to spare, assuming there's a sweater-ish project you want to knit in the round). Just sayin'...

9:39 AM  
Blogger Karlie said...

Purple, hot pink, lime, and black are awesome :D You should go with them. And since hats are short to make, why not make the hat (since you need it), then make something else?

10:59 AM  
Blogger Linz said...

Hmmmm.... doubly good ideas.
Off to plot...

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home