Friday, December 02, 2005

Look who's done!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Admit it. You love him.

Project details:
Pattern:
Baby Bobbi Bear from Blue Sky Alpacas

Yarn: Blue Sky Alpacas 100% Alpaca in Natural Light Tan - the yarn is a sportweight, so the pattern calls for baby bobbi to be knit with two strands held together. The yarn is to die for! I think I could exclusively use it for the rest of my life, and be very content. The stitch definition is great, and it is so very soft! I had to buy one skein more than the pattern recommended, and I used about a quarter of it. I thought the three skeins was a bit more money than I wanted to spend on a bear, so when it got to four I almost choked. I'd be interested in making a smaller bear by using the yarn single-stranded. (This little guy is 14" tall).

Modifications:
I embroidered the face my own way, and didn't do the duplicate stitching around the neck. I haven't decided if I will do it later or not. I think I will try tying a ribbon around his neck first. He definitely needs something there. As a temporary measure, I have tied some of the yarn around his neck.

If I had to do it again:
I don't know if I'd use this pattern. He's so darn cute, but I'm not happy with all the places where you pick up stitches -- mine look so messy. This may be a fault of my knitting (especially as they got better as I continued), but there are other toy patterns that avoid this. But the good thing? Virtually NO seaming!

8 Comments:

Blogger Karlie said...

He certainly IS cute. I really need to learn to make knitted stuffed toys! I have a pattern for a monkey using Bernat "Boa" that I'm going to try after Christmas.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I'll admit it! He is too cute!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Linz said...

Thanks Tara and Karlie, I love him!

Karlie -- that pattern sounds great - where is it from?

7:09 PM  
Blogger Qeltic said...

I admit to loving him! Great job!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Karlie said...

I bought it as one of those little booklets at WalMart - feel free to e-mail me (or comment on my blog) about an *ahem* "fair-use" policy copy. :D If you can't find it yourself.

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GWAAAHHH!!! That is SOOO ADORABLE!!! zOmg, *hugs*

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm making him too. I got him as a kit.

This worries me that you needed more.

Megd on LJ

11:05 PM  
Blogger Linz said...

Thanks for all the comments; you are all wondeful!

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home