Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Matt's Scarf

Finally, I can do a post-mortem on this scarf!

Here's a lovely photo, from the giftee himself:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Project Details

Yarn:
Knitpicks's Panache in Slate. This yarn is oh-so-soft. I bought some for my SP5, and couldn't bear to send it to her. (I did, but then needed to get some more to work with. Matt's scarf gave me the excuse!) It's a really yummy blend of cashmere, extra-fine merino, baby alpaca and silk. How could it not be delicious? It knits up nicely on biggish needles (US 9-11) for quick knitting. I never went through a single ply instead of the whole yarn while knitting, and it was very easy to use while knitting by feel. This was definitely a scarf to knit while watching movies... but the Panache did a good job of alleviating ribbing boredom.

Pattern: Cable cast on, then K2,P2 rib until you run out of yarn. Bind off loosely.

I ended up using 4 balls of Panache for a really lusciously long scarf. I could have managed with 3, but I'm glad I splurged on the extra ball. It's perfect this way.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Panache rules, and I wear the scarf I made from the yarn you sent alllll the time. It gets lots of compliments, too!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Linz said...

Now that's what I like to hear!

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home