Friday, January 20, 2006

What a diff'rence a day makes

Ta-da!
Here is the journey of the second lace blanket square.

It's the one I knit from the inside-out... very successfully, if I may say so. I think I am going to have to knit a shawl with this technique at some point... I like the fact that you can just stop when you run out of yarn. However, the fact that the number of stitches on your needles increases every round is a little discouraging.

So. . . here is what it looked like pre-blocking. All scrunched and squirmy, like a newborn:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And then, once blocked . . . oooh, aaaaaaahhhhh:
Image hosting by Photobucket

Oh yes . . . what a diff'rence a day of blocking makes!

Project Details:
Yarn:
Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in Tahoe

Needles:
3.75mm circulars the whole way, with some magic loop - none of this ridiculous starting out on 5 dpns.

Pattern: Unvented by me, based on Elizabeth Zimmerman's squares. Increase every other row with yos at "edge of each needle" (or using stitch markers/your brain on circulars). Row of eyelet = *k2 tog, yo*, keeping increasing pattern. 3 Rows of Garter stitch in the middle.

I love this technique, and will have to find myself some lace patterns to make a square shawl.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Ooh, pretty. Nice little stashbuster too. The recipient is going to love that blanket. Do any of the other knitters have blogs with pictures of the other squares?

10:34 PM  
Blogger Linz said...

Not really... there's a yahoo group going for it.

I can post a big pic of the whole thing once it's done... it's going to be very lovely

11:58 AM  
Blogger The Sinister Knitter said...

I am inspired to try it myself

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home