Friday, September 16, 2005

Susan's Scarf Starts

Ok, so I am modifying Lily Chin's Reversible Rib Cable Shawl to make a scarf for my friend for Christmas. It's out of Plymouth Brushed Alpaca... which is very close to what my SP5 got me, but is quite thicker and has some acrylic in it. It will be perfect for this scarf... and the Plymouth Baby Alpaca from my SP will be a treat for me to make something lovely with!

Here's the scarf progress so far:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I had a large gauge dilemma, and just edged the thing in garter stitch. It think it works well enough for my purposes. Here is a close-up of the ribbed cable so far:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I really like that the scarf will be reversible. One-sided scarves are not half as much fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home