Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Another gorgeous shawl

Oh no. I love this one too!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's the Forest Path Stole by Faina Letoutchaia from the Summer '03 Interweave Knits.

I found it from this lovely blog and so had to order the pattern. Oh darn.

Of course, I don't really have any appropriate yarn (for this one or the previous one). I think these patterns need a solid colour (or heathered, at most) yarn, and my only laceweight is variegated. I also want to fondle laceweight before I buy it, so I might wait until I get home and can get to a yarn store. Hmmm...

7 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I was wondering whether Zib's shawl pattern in the new Knitty, Ella, might work with your variegated yarn... I thought hers was really pretty with the variegation. Different gauge, but you might be able to do something with the stitch pattern...

2:07 PM  
Blogger Linz said...

Yeah, I don't know if it's what I'm going for. I think I should just swatch it up and see what it wants to be...

4:58 PM  
Blogger Linz said...

By the way, I still can't get over your real name ;)

5:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yeah, at one point a few years ago, I actually toyed with changing my name to Maryse (as you know, my middle name). Lisa is such a common name -- especially around the years I was born, it was a top-10 name in the late 60s-early 70s. But I couldn't quite bring myself to ask friends and family to start calling me something new after 25+ years... it felt awkward and a bit pretentious. So Lisa it is :)

But back to talking about knitting, I read good news in the Edgar pattern in the new Knitty: the designer says that "A Kureyon scarf, at least, will need gentle washing -- it will become a lot softer after a soapy and relaxing bath." Yay! Good to know... when you decide what the Kureyon wants to be, months or years from now, you know it can be softened!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Linz said...

Ooh, fabulous.
You know - Edgar has definitely grown on me... there's also another pattern I'm looking at for the kureyon... um... let me find it.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Linz said...

Putting the pattern on the blog now ;)

5:58 PM  
Blogger The Sinister Knitter said...

We will go to the garage of yarn. Only 10 more days til you're home.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home