Friday, February 01, 2008

Snow Day!




Oh, did I ever need a snow day.

I've finished part one of two, of the Sneeeeeeky Surprise Baby Project! Huzzah!

AND, I'm blocking Icarus!!! That means you need photos! (Click on photos to see them BIG, in Flickr!)

I'm hoping to wear her tonight, but maybe that's over-optimistic.

I definitely loved this project, and can't wait to take post-blocking photos! I knew that once I'd gotten the chance to block this shawl, it would drastically different. However, I think I knew that on a purely intellectual level. Once I got Icarus all pinned out, I was quite shocked at the difference. (Just like I am every time I block lace! I really should remember how cool this process is!)

Pre-blocking vs. Blocking:






Yup. It's love.



Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger AR said...

Wow, very nice! Blocking is magic, no?

9:45 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Your Icarus is beautiful! I am making the same thing for a bride this spring. I was wondering if you used the Misti Alpaca doubled? My LYS is ordering the yarn for me and recommends that I use a double strand but I'm not sure why. Happy knitting!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Linz said...

Thanks, Amy - I single-stranded it. I just sent you an email... you'll need 3 skeins.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home