Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Dinosaur

Phew! I finished this lovely spotted stegosaurus just in time for Christmas!



Yep, I love him. As much as I love all Jean Greenhowe toys!

Project Details:
(You know I just want to link to the Ravelry info here)

Pattern: Pink Spotted Dinosaur by Jean Greenhowe, from Jean Greenhowe's Toy Collection
Yarn: Leftover Worsted Weight Wool of the Andes from Knitpicks, in Pumpkin and Winter Night.
Needles: 4.0mm (US 6) Addi Turbo circs... (man, does it feel strange to be knitting on big, metal needles, instead of tiny, rosewood ones!)
Knit for: Baby Cousin Lucas

He took me 3 days to knit - but only about 3 hours total knitting/sewing time. The finishing on him was very easy, as it always is on Greenhowe patterns - everything lines up just how it should. Ah, except that the first spines I knit were too long (my fault for changing yarns), then my second and final spines were a bit short. I like him this way, though! I think he looks like a punk-rock steggy with a mohawk!

Happy Holidays to all, and to all a God Jul!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

He's very cute!

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home