Sunday, August 20, 2006

Land of the Silver Birch

I have had this song stuck in my head for a week now.

Therefore, I present to you a musical/photo retrospective of my week in Temagami (Northern Ontario, an hour north of North Bay):

Land of the silver birch,


Home of the beaver



Where still the mighty moose wanders at will.


Blue lake and rocky shore,


I will return once more.


Hi-yi-ya-hi-ya, hi-yi-ya-hi-ya, hi-yi-ya-hi-ya ha.


Real knitting post coming soon. Birch is birching away, but looks the same in photos.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karlie said...

Linz, I have to tell ya, North Bay is not Northern Ontario :D It's Central. At least according to folks around here! It's funny, because we'll insist North Bay isn't really North, since it's not all that far from, say, Ottawa, but Thunder Bay or Sault Ste. Marie is...even though they're further south. I'm thinking the reasoning is that as long as you're within some good driving distance of Ottawa or Toronto you're not in "the north". After all, Dryden ON is closer to Edmonton than Toronto. But I digress, it looks like you're having a wonderful vacation!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home