Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I present to you...

... the blanket which shall henceforth be known as:
The Bo Squiddley Blanket!


Ok. The blanket's done. Now the baby can come!



Project Details
Yarn:
Red Heart Soft Baby, chosen by the mum-to-be in colour Pinkie (7725). This really is a shocking pink!

For an acrylic, this was quite nice to work with. It'll be totally machine wash- and dryable. And it's really soft. It did have a tendency to split a bit while I knit with it. But it's very forgiving. (I just wish it had been wool so I could block it!) I bought two balls, and used parts of each. If I had to estimate, I'd say I used just over one full ball... maybe 800 yards?

Needles:
Addi Turbo 4.0mm circular needles, 80cm long.

Pattern: Unvented by me. Inspired by:

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Congratulations! Now you get to work on something for you! By the way, unless you're pressed for time, you've got nothing to lose by trying to wet block the blanket -- my mother has had surprising success with thoroughly soaking acrylic items in cold water, laying them on a towel, pinning the heck out of them, and (I suspect this may be the key) letting them dry really slowly (2-3 days minimum) with another towel on top until bone dry. I don't think my mother has ever knit blankets or garments with anything BUT acrylic (she does make cotton dishcloths and crochet cotton lace doilies, though), and her stuff has always turned out amazingly well. Worth a shot if you've got the time, anyway.

7:23 AM  
Blogger The Sinister Knitter said...

fantastic. You have done a great job.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Karlie said...

Oh it's so cute! I love it! The colour is really nice too. Pattern pretty please? :D

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looove it and would love to make one myself.

12:49 AM  
Blogger Linz said...

Thanks, Lisa -- I might give that a try. The problem right now is not time, but space!!!

Vanessa - thanks! I am very pleased with it!

Karlie -- I'll work on a pattern now... but it might take me a while. I'll post it once I have it all done.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home