Saturday, June 17, 2006

The gift that keeps on giving...

So today, I met up with Lisa, my SP4 Secret Pal from last year.

What a great day!

We had a very tasty breakfast (at lunch time, the best way to do it), moved on to yarn shopping at Cloth and Clay, bought way too much rooibos at the amazing Distinctly Tea, and ended with a round of drinks at a pub!

Because this is a knitting blog, I have some yarn pr0n just for you:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tasty Koigu KPPPM (P858), it's not so yellow in real life, more orangey:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Misti Alpaca (100% baby alpaca) Laceweight in colour C743 -- so cheap, so soft, so gorgeous... and of course, destined to be a shawl:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I was also gifted with homemade rhubarb jam. And I'm not sharing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I had a great time, Linz. Thanks so much for your visit! It was delightful to finally meet you IRL!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Karlie said...

That Koigu looks very pretty! I got to see Koigu for the first time in person when I was in Winnipeg a month and some ago, and I loved it! Someday I will make a Charlotte's Web and a pair of socks.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Linz said...

Lisa -- It was funny, I felt like I already knew you in real life! That was definitely a great day -- keep me posted about July!

Karlie -- I love this koigu. You definitely need to get yourself some!

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home