Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Orange you glad I didn't say banana?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Got yarn? I do. And I love it. Of course, it's being sent away to my Dye-o-Rama pal.

After another day of dyeing with the fabulously talented Ms Vanessa, I was able to pick up last week's ball o' yarn:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And make a new one for my pal: (Please excuse the lack of colour accuracy in the photo with the greenery above... this photo below was as close as I could get)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Which very nearly was not dry enough... (don't you love Vanessa's shower?)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Of course, the boy and the cat got stuck with the grunt work:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Project Details: (For the orangey yarn, which I am christening "Peach Sunset")
Yarn: Knitpicks' Color-Your-Own Merino Sock Yarn

Dye: Koolaid Orange, Strawberry, Tropical Punch and a wee bit of Crystal Light Tangerine-Grapefruit.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

That's gorgeous Linz! I'm jealous! Maybe I should have joined Dye-o-Rama after all...

4:51 PM  
Blogger Linz said...

Wow, you're fast =)

Thanks! I love the skein, I just wish I could get a decent photo of it. It's really quite something in person.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

those are gorgeous! I need a worker myself!

7:56 PM  
Blogger lexa said...

I love both of those yarns! They turned out awesome!

8:40 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Linz! I got the yarn yesterday afternoon, and I love it! (It smells great, too!) The colours are fabulous and I can't wait to make socks with it!

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home