Thursday, June 22, 2006

can't. fight. it. anymore.

Well. It has hit me.

I am going to knit birch by the fabulous Sharon Miller, from Rowan 34. You must check out her site, Heirloom Knitting. It's to die for!

My favourite birches that have inspired me:
Yarn Harlot's Birch in High Park,
Sweet Georgia's lavender Birch,
Julia's Birch Stole,
and WhiteStar's Birch.

I'll be knitting it in the gorgeous Madil Kid Seta (70% kid mohair, 30% silk) in a luscious cranberry colour. It's the fuzzy red goodness in the top left corner of this photo:


Wish me luck for this 299 stitch cast on.

I swatched (and frogged and swatched and frogged) a fair bit last night, and I think I can handle this challenge. We'll see how many false starts I have today.

I think there will be a whole lot of stitch markers in the works.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Sinister Knitter said...

want some company? I love it.. I will KAL with you if you are interested (that way I can drive you crazy asking for help--- I mean we can help each other)

12:04 PM  
Blogger Linz said...

I'm happy to if you want to, but it might drive you crazy and I don't want to be responsible for that! ;)

2:19 PM  
Blogger The Sinister Knitter said...

Forget it. I realized what I said yesterday. I must have been slightly out of my mind when I suggested that. Besides, I have this terrible terrible habit of starting with the hardest stuff and I have never done lace before.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Linz said...

Let me know if you really want to learn lace... we could do some small bits of lace with thicker yarn on bigger needles! That would be a great way to practice!

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home