Monday, October 17, 2005

The Surprise - Revealed!

Well, this weekend I gave the sneaky surprise gift to my sister. She knows about this blog, but doesn't really read it... I thought she might check it seeing as my whole family knows to expect knitted stuff for birthdays!

A little backstory is needed to understand this prezzie though... she goes to the same school that I went to, and they have houses (like in Harry Potter). The house I was in was Tudor. Any family member is then put in the same house, so she is in Tudor too. Not only that - but she is the HEAD of Tudor House this year, as it is her grad year.

The mascot for Tudor is the elephant, and the house colour is red. The girls have to wear school uniforms, which are a navy skirt and tie in the warmer months. They wear boxers under the skirts -- the boxers are always longer, and peak out from beneath the skirts.

Now that you've sat through all that, you can thoroughly enjoy the prezzie!

I present to you . . . a Tudor elephant:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And of course, you need to get an idea of her attitude:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Daydreaming:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Project Details:
Pattern:
Modified girl elephant from Jean Greenhowe's Knitted Animals
Yarn: Knitpicks Wool of the Andes

I have to say, the Jean Greenhowe pattern was great!!!! And of course, I had to add a few embellishments!

6 Comments:

Blogger BerryKnitty said...

Absolutely adorable!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Linz said...

Thanks, knits4fun!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Karlie said...

It's sooooooo cute! Wool of the Andes is really nice too, isn't it? I find the stiches are really nice, although the twist seems to make it so that every once in a while a stitch looks twisted. The Gryffindor scarves are coming along, Sean is a pretty good knitter but with TIGHT gauge. I'll write about it and post soon!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Linz said...

It's great for these kinds of projects -- I don't think I'd want it right next to my skin, though!

I can't wait to see Sean's progress!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

It's extremely cute, and I love the story behind it! Lucky sister.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Linz said...

Thanks Lisa - I love her. I might need one of my own!

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home