Monday, October 10, 2005

Blocking rocks my socks . . .

Wow!
First of all, I am so proud. I have knit lace!

It's part of a surprise blanket. There are a number of us each doing squares.

But check it out... this is before I blocked it:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And this is while it's blocking:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And just because you need a close-up:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Oh yes. I am proud.

Specifications:

Yarn:
Knitpicks Paint Your Own 100% Merino Wool in natural - Laceweight - 2 strands held together

Needles: Addi Turbo size 4mm

Pattern: Pine Trees from Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls by Martha Waterman.

Skills Learned:lace, reading charts, blocking!

This was a great little project! I feel so accomplished!

2 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

It's always fun to watch the magic of blocking lace. It looks great Linz. :)

1:36 AM  
Blogger Linz said...

Aw, thanks!
I am highly impressed... if I do say so myself ;)

By the way, I was thinking of using your hibiscus wool/silk for elegant wrist-warmers. What do you think?

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home