Friday, August 26, 2005

SP5 -- oh, it's so exciting!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
By the way, I feel a little disloyal by moving on from SP4 to SP5... but excited at the same time!

So here's another one of those questionnaire-a-ma-bobs:
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? Yarn snob = me. Yes. Sometimes I need novelty fibres for special projects... but generally I stay far far away from acrylics.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? I'd love to learn to spin; when I have my own house I'm going to get a wheel. I used to crochet, but I don't like the look of it. Knitting wins hands down.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) I don't exactly like smoke, but I'm not technically allergic.

4. How long have you been knitting? Seriously for five years. On and off before that.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Ask me if you want them.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Grapefruit/citrus or vanilla.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Oh yes, moo-moo. And I have a big chocolate tooth.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Beading, and I'd love to learn to sew properly.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Just about anything. I listen to classical a lot (for my career), and to singer-songwriters like Regina Spektor, Rufus Wainwright and Sarah Slean.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? I have a lot of pinks/purples because I can't resist them. And recently a lot of browns have been calling to me. I adore orange, but can't wear it well. This was the summer of turquoise, but cherry red and burgundy are my classical favourites. Colour is good!

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I currently live in a shared university apartment; no pets allowed.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) To be an opera diva with a house, kids and a dog. A domestic opera diva?

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Anything alpaca, koigu, merino, wool/silk blends (eg. Fleece Artist), anything soft.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Acrylic (unless it's for babies). I haven't found a cotton I like yet.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? I don't have a pattern, but I really want to make

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Shawls and toe-up socks.

17. What are you knitting right now? See this entry.

18. What do you think about ponchos? Some of them look great, but they're not for me.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circs exclusively - I'm slowly switching over to Addi Turbos.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Addi Turbos - aluminum.

21. Are you a sock knitter? YES!

22. How did you learn to knit? First from my mum, then from the Internet.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? A few months. They get frogged otherwise.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Dragonflies or dragons.

25. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas!!!!!!

26. Is there anything that you collect? Dragonfly stuff, books, sheet music, CDs

27. Any projects you want to make but haven't gotten there yet? See this post. <

2 Comments:

Blogger Karlie said...

Yay, someone else who knows who Sarah Slean is! I love her, I saw her live in Edmonton 2 years ago.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Linz said...

Isn't she wonderful???!?!?!?

I saw her live in Toronto about 2 years ago as well -- fabulous show!!!

Do you know Regina Spektor? I think you might like her.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home