Thursday, June 30, 2005

Just past the heel

Well, what with the couple of hundred of pages of reading and assignments every night, there hasn't been much knitting.

And my Sockapalooza-2 yarn hasn't arrived yet. (Any day now, I know it!) So I've been practicing.

I present to you, the status of my toe-up socks. I'm now just past the heel.

One sock:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Two socks:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Heel of sock:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The darling cable-to-be (one of three on each sock):
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

There's a lot a really like about this pattern. I love the toes. No, hang on, I LOOOOOVE the toes! The figure-eight cast-on is fantastic. I think I'll do it a bit tighter next time, but I love it.

I love how the heel's constructed. I don't know how I feel about garter for the heel, but I love how the short rows are done. We'll see how well the garter stitch stands up!

And really. Who doesn't love Koigu?

1 Comments:

Blogger Linz said...

I love it both ways =)
It's always funny to try imagine what it'll look like knit up.

This one was a REALLY pleasant surprise, because it's SO gorgeous!

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home