Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Clapotis Project Details

Well, now that it's done, I feel that I can do my postmortem properly.

Pattern: Clapotis from Knitty.com - with no adjustments

Yarn: Fleece Artist Kid/Silk 2-ply; I bought 2 x 440 m skeins = 880m, and used about 500-550m; no colour name, sorry! Oh the drape, the sheen, it's beautiful!

Needles: US 6/4mm addi turbo circulars - if you're contemplating using straight needles, there's a lot of weight by the end of the pattern... oh, your poor wrists! Switching to circs puts the weight in your lap instead!

Gauge: about 5 stitches/inch; pattern calls for 4 stitches/inch

Finished Size: unstretched - 17"x68"; the width goes to about 22-24" when I wear it... (I don't know how, it just does)

If I had to do it again?: I definitely would, just after a break. I'd probably make it a bit wider, but the length is perfect! I'd love to use a variegated yarn (it was my initial plan), but after seeing a million of them online, there seems to be a big risk factor in how they turn out.

If I used Fleece Artist again?: Well, the US 6/4mm needles were what they recommended; I'd probably go down a size for my stitches to be just a bit closer together. However, the Clapotis has been stretching in the right direction, so my stitches are looking lovely.

--
Posted by Linz to LinzKnits - Clapotis at 6/21/2005 09:19:00 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home