Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Why Ravelry Makes Me Droooool...

Ok. I am already in love with Ravelry, and I haven't even gotten my invitation yet.

I found their Sneak Peek website (go take a look if you haven't already, I can wait) today, and fell madly in love with:

a) The Stash Notebook has a grid view. I think in grids, charts, spreadsheets, and matrices. I'm already in love. As much as I thought it was silly that our substitute math teacher in grade 11 wanted to be a fax machine when he grew up so he could play with matrices all day, I totally get it. I think I should be a fax machine when I grow up, too.

b) The Stash Notebook OUTPUTS TO EXCEL!!!!!!!! See point a. I love this excel stuff.

c) There's a Project Details page which will force me to record important details (such as: what magical needle size I used that differed wildly from what the pattern suggested, and why can't I remember so I can make it again?)

d) Ravelry doesn't replace a blog, it supplements it. Like the cliché saying about what a man is supposed to do for a woman: "He doesn't complete you, he complements you."

e) I'll be organized! And it's fun to organize yarn... even if it means owning up to my stash. This could mean destashing... in fact, it probably should!

f) I'll be inspired! The fact that it's so easy to see everyone else's versions of the same project blows my mind. Sorry, Google Image Search, I'm not going to be needing you much more.

g) Designers I love are on it! This includes the designer of my Icarus shawl, Miriam from MimKnits!!! How cool! I've already found another shawl of hers that I'd love to knit: The Cleopatra Stole, which will be published in Sensual Knits, in Winter (January?) 2008. Yum.

So, dearest Ravelry, please send me my invite! I'll be really good, I promise!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Miriam said...

OMG! Talk about a heart attack! I thought for a second that they had delayed publication of Sensual Knits AGAIN to October 2008 instead of January.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Linz said...

Ooooh, I'm so sorry.
Meant to type "Winter". I'll fix that now.

Sorry for the heart attack, and thanks for stopping by my blog. I am loving working on Icarus!

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home